Or Mother's Day, actually.
House Resolution H 1113 proclaiming there are 82,000,000 mothers in America and that Sunday, May 11 is their day was introduced and passed unanimously.
Zach Wamp was "For it, before he was against it."
Then some Republican must have realized that Mother's Day is actually an anti war protest, initiated by the woman who wrote the Battle Hymn of the Republic only to realize what she had done.
Anti War! Republicans can't be "anti war"! So they tried to "reconsider" the vote, meaning defeat the resolution.
Zach Wamp voted against Mother's Day!...He lost. We're having Mother's Day this year and there's nothing Republicans can do about it, bless their dark little souls.
The sword of murder is not the balance of justice."
Blood does not wipe out dishonor, nor violence indicate possession.
As men have often forsaken the plough and the anvil at the summons of war,
Let women now leave all that may be left of home for a great and earnest day of counsel
Other RoaneViews blogs
- GRAND PREES "Last Dance" - August 15th - Princess Theatre (mushy)
- WWII Reenactment at the Secret City Festival (mushy)
- The three-in-one concert Saturday was great! (mushy)
- King Henry throws out first pitch (mushy)
- Don't miss the last day of the Tennessee Medieval Faire (mushy)
- Tennessee Medieval Faire - Saturday and Sunday (mushy)
- Jousting three weekends at The Tennessee Medieval Faire! (mushy)
- Lots to do in Harriman this week and weekend! (mushy)
- Janelle Arthur coming May 8th! (mushy)
- The Headhunters want to know... (mushy)