Or Mother's Day, actually.
House Resolution H 1113 proclaiming there are 82,000,000 mothers in America and that Sunday, May 11 is their day was introduced and passed unanimously.
Zach Wamp was "For it, before he was against it."
Then some Republican must have realized that Mother's Day is actually an anti war protest, initiated by the woman who wrote the Battle Hymn of the Republic only to realize what she had done.
Anti War! Republicans can't be "anti war"! So they tried to "reconsider" the vote, meaning defeat the resolution.
Zach Wamp voted against Mother's Day!...He lost. We're having Mother's Day this year and there's nothing Republicans can do about it, bless their dark little souls.
The sword of murder is not the balance of justice."
Blood does not wipe out dishonor, nor violence indicate possession.
As men have often forsaken the plough and the anvil at the summons of war,
Let women now leave all that may be left of home for a great and earnest day of counsel
Other RoaneViews blogs
- Clean Water Made From Coal Ash (mushy)
- The Kentucky Headhunters are coming back! (mushy)
- FYI: Rocky Top Markets to stop accepting Kroger fuel points (ConcernedCitizen)
- First movie at the Princess in 15 years! (mushy)
- Dr. Eric Littleton's Christmas show scheduled for Dec. 19th at the Princess (mushy)
- The Princess makes the news again! (mushy)
- Valtentine's Murder Mystery at Jamison Development Center (mushy)
- Tina Turner, Dolly Parton, and Johnny Cash at the Princess Thursday! (mushy)
- Emery Francis To Open For EmiSunshine Tonight! (mushy)
- Kingston Mayor-Duncan/Kirkham re-zoning (chelsea)