The Watts Bar Lake Association (WBLA), IJAMS Nature Center, and the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) will sponsor the annual River Rescue shoreline cleanup on Saturday, April 1st, from 9 a.m. to noon.
Volunteers are asked to meet at 8:30 a.m.
All who are interested in keeping the shoreline clean and beautiful should volunteer to help. Gloves, trash bags, and grabbers will be furnished.
Rhea County participants will meet at Veterans Park in Spring City and are asked to contact Dan Uhler at (423) 240-6327 for information.
Meigs County participants will meet at Mr. Twister Restaurant in Ten Mile and are asked to contact Peter Giroux at (404) 304-1115 for information.
Roane County participants on the east side of the lake should contact Janice Moody at (865) 376-1982 and will gather at Crow’s Nest Restaurant/Blue Springs Marina. Folks in the Kingston area are asked to Contact Andy Holmbeck at (772) 485-4737 and will meet at The Gravel Pit Park.
Following the cleanup at 1pm there will be a picnic at Rhea Harbor Resort & Marina, 385 Lakeshire Dr, Spring City. All participants are encouraged to attend, meet new friends and share memorable moments of the day.
Highlights from the 2016 Clean-up
An eager and willing 25 volunteers showed up to participate in last year’s
WBLA River Rescue and Shoreline event. In just three hours the group pulled
an impressive 4,500 pounds of litter from the lake including bottles, cans,
tires, and miscellaneous debris.
Do you know that it takes this long for the following to disappear from the
• Paper Towels 2 to 4 weeks
• Wool Gloves 1 Year
• Styrofoam Cups 50 years
• Aluminum Drink Cans 200 Years
• Fishing Line 600 Years
About Watts Bar Lake Association
The Watts Bar Lake Association is organized exclusively to provide education
to interested individuals or groups concerning the use of the lake, to
monitor water quality and conservation of the lake's natural resources, under
section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, or corresponding section of
any future federal tax code.
To learn more about the Watts Bar Lake Association and their activities,
please visit (link...) or contact:
• Roger Hinsdale (Pres.) (423) 452-0428
• Dan Uhler (423) 240-6327
• Lee Franz (248) 462-9332
• Peter Giroux (404) 304-1115
• Andy Holmbeck (772) 485-4737
• Janice Moody (V.P.) (865) 376-1982
• Teresa Evans (Treas.) (423) 365-6486
• Amy Murray (480) 287-4287
• Harry Smiley (Sec.) (803) 640-7870
• Pat Rothenburg (561) 723-9442
• Doris Roy (423)-365-2836
Watts Bar Lake Association
P.O. Box 956
Spring City, TN 37381
Other RoaneViews blogs
- 2017 Princess Idols Announced (mushy)
- Do Not Privatize Fall Creek Falls (robmtchl)
- Tennessee Medieval Faire - 3 BIG days - Memorial Day weekend! (mushy)
- Darren York - New Princess manager (mushy)
- "An Evening of Remembrance" - Black History Month Event (mushy)
- Last Two Movie Nights In 2015 (mushy)
- Babahatchie Community Band Tonight At The Princess (mushy)
- Forth Annual Dr. Eric Littleton Christmas Concert (mushy)
- The "Last Dance" was great! (mushy)
- GRAND PREES "Last Dance" - August 15th - Princess Theatre (mushy)