In March of 1929 the South Eastern United States flooded. Most folks are familiar with the Boy Scout monument beside highway 27 at the Rhea Roane County line. Fewer are aware that this flood devastated the riparian south, including Harriman, TN.
Here are some accounts of the Boy Scout disaster. It's worth noting that none of the press accounts agree on the actual circumstances.
Other RoaneViews blogs
- 2017 Princess Idols Announced (mushy)
- Do Not Privatize Fall Creek Falls (robmtchl)
- Tennessee Medieval Faire - 3 BIG days - Memorial Day weekend! (mushy)
- Darren York - New Princess manager (mushy)
- "An Evening of Remembrance" - Black History Month Event (mushy)
- Last Two Movie Nights In 2015 (mushy)
- Babahatchie Community Band Tonight At The Princess (mushy)
- Forth Annual Dr. Eric Littleton Christmas Concert (mushy)
- The "Last Dance" was great! (mushy)
- GRAND PREES "Last Dance" - August 15th - Princess Theatre (mushy)