TVA Funding Statement:
TVA no longer receives any appropriations to help with management of aquatic plants. This has led us to taking a more valley wide approach to management, and focusing our efforts only on public access areas (parks, boat ramps, etc.) to best meet the needs of our stakeholders. There is one exception to this currently: We continue to do residential and commercial shoreline management on Guntersville with the understanding that we will be slowly stepping down as the primary funding source in the next few years. This model is how we will handle stakeholder groups on other reservoirs from here on out. For example, should Watts Bar put together a stakeholder group and agree on management, the stakeholder group would need to have identified supplementary funding and obtained that funding before a similar plan would take place
Special Note: We are in the third and final year of fully funding the Guntersville program along residential and commercial shoreline. Next year, we fully anticipate to reduce funding by 1/3 and will continue that reduction through 2019. We will continue to fully fund
management efforts along developed, public shoreline.
Thanks to the Watts Bar Lake Association for posting this.
Other RoaneViews blogs
- 2017 Princess Idols Announced (mushy)
- Do Not Privatize Fall Creek Falls (robmtchl)
- Tennessee Medieval Faire - 3 BIG days - Memorial Day weekend! (mushy)
- Darren York - New Princess manager (mushy)
- "An Evening of Remembrance" - Black History Month Event (mushy)
- Last Two Movie Nights In 2015 (mushy)
- Babahatchie Community Band Tonight At The Princess (mushy)
- Forth Annual Dr. Eric Littleton Christmas Concert (mushy)
- The "Last Dance" was great! (mushy)
- GRAND PREES "Last Dance" - August 15th - Princess Theatre (mushy)