U.S. Reps. Phil Roe, John J. Duncan Jr., Chuck Fleischmann and Scott DesJarlais as well as Sens. Lamar Alexander and Bob Corker voted for mountaintop-removal mining, a vote that would no longer protect Tennessee’s streams, forests and drinking water from coal pollution. The residents of Tennessee have been fighting mountaintop-removal mining for years, and now our congressmen voted for it. Do they no longer care about Tennessee?
These six congressmen also voted for abolishing background checks on gun purchases by people with mental issues. Really? They want people with mental problems to be buying guns. I can only imagine how much the National Rifle Association has paid for their votes.
Other RoaneViews blogs
- Do Not Privatize Fall Creek Falls (robmtchl)
- Tennessee Medieval Faire - 3 BIG days - Memorial Day weekend! (mushy)
- Darren York - New Princess manager (mushy)
- "An Evening of Remembrance" - Black History Month Event (mushy)
- Last Two Movie Nights In 2015 (mushy)
- Babahatchie Community Band Tonight At The Princess (mushy)
- Forth Annual Dr. Eric Littleton Christmas Concert (mushy)
- The "Last Dance" was great! (mushy)
- GRAND PREES "Last Dance" - August 15th - Princess Theatre (mushy)
- WWII Reenactment at the Secret City Festival (mushy)