Lost Medicaid Funding
To date, the failure to expand Medicaid / TennCare has cost the State of Tennessee ? in lost federal funding.
Things you should Know
About RoaneViews, usage, and rules
RoaneViews is a hyper-local community web space for progressive citizens of Roane County to meet, organize, and discuss news, politics, events, and issues of interest to Progressives in the community.
RoaneViews leans strongly Democratic in theory but in practice we support Progressive candidates, whatever the party.
We invite Citizen Journalists to contribute news, opinion, and other commentary. Government officials and political organizations, community activists, artists, professional groups, and others are invited to use the site for promotion, announcements, blogging, event calendars, and other online communication.
Anyone can view content. Registered users can post comments and create their own blogs and post articles and other content on the front page.
Please post responsibly! We suggest everyone read the Ethics statement of the Society of Professional Journalists before posting for the first time. While we encourage people with conflicts of interest to post here, we can certainly try our best to follow the ideals presented. Posters must try to be factually accurate. Do not try to make your point with propaganda as opposed to information.
• On the login form, click the "Create new account". You must provide a valid e-mail address.
• Follow the instructions provided in the registration e-mail.
• A personal blog is automatically created for you. To post a blog entry on the front page, click on "Create Content --> blog entry".
• To view your personal blog, click "View Content --> blogs -->my blog". The link shown in your address bar is the URL address of your personal blog.
• You can create other content, such as events, polls, etc. by clicking on the respective links under "Create Content".
• You can upload attachments with your blog posts and stories. You can also upload photographs to the image gallery (Create Content --> Image).
• When posting content, you can assign categories. This provides a way to view content from anywhere on the site by keywords and categories.
• Events will appear on the events calendar and upcoming events list.
• Don't troll or post flame bait or off-topic comments or personal attacks. Don't post anything threatening, libelous, abusive, obscene or pornographic. Don't promote anything illegal. Don't post any racist, homophobic, xenophobic, or any other type of hate speech. Don't post private information about anyone else without their permission and don't speculate about people's "real" identity. Don't post a link to a site that does any of these things.
Sending private messages of a harassing nature is not permitted, nor is personal harassment of any nature.
Violators of these rules will have the inappropriate material edited, demoted, or removed, and/or their user ID, e-mail address, and/or IP address banned. All editorial decisions are final and management is under no obligation to explain them.
• Share the front page space. Please try to keep front page posts to ten lines or less. Use the teaser break icon to separate the first few lines from the rest of your post.
• No spam or other type of commercial advertising posts.
• All posted content is copyrighted by the original author. Original author will not post material which he/she is not authorized to distribute, such as material copyrighted by a third party. You may not copy or use content from RoaneViews.com without the original author's permission, except for fair use of short excerpts with attribution and link to the original author and post.
• Original authors, guest commenters, and others posting material at this site grant RoaneViews.com, its owners, managers, and editors, permission to display their content on this site and to quote or excerpt their posted content for promotional or other purposes.
• All posted content is the responsibility of the original author. RoaneViews.com is not responsible for any material posted by original authors or guest commenters. By the act of posting, guest commenters and original authors of any material posted at RoaneViews.com hereby indemnify and hold harmless RoaneViews.com against any claim of abuse, infringement, liability, or tort and accept sole responsibility for the material they post on RoaneViews.com.
• Privacy: RoaneViews.com will not intentionally disclose any personal information about any user except on order by a court of competent jurisdiction. Users will be notified, if possible, and given an opportunity to dispute such orders through the appropriate legal process. RoaneViews.com reserves the right to charge a fee not to exceed $225 per hour plus expenses for any research or other activity related to complying with subpoenas or court order for release of information. RoaneViews.com will not be liable for accidental or malicious disclosure of private information from this site or its databases due to hackers, fraud, or actions of users, malicious or otherwise, or any other circumstances beyond our control whether foreseeable or not.
• Your use of this site indicates that you have read, understand, accept, and agree to these rules. If you do not agree to these rules, you must leave the site now and not return.
• Reader Supported News
• Tom Humphrey
• Whites Creek Journal
• Channel 15
• Princess Theater
• Roane Heritage Com
• Roane State
• Tamke Allen Obsv
Folks that Help:
• EPA Kingston Site
• Roane CAG
• West Roane
• All Hat No Cattle
• American Progress
• Campaign for America's Future
• Daily KOS
• Paul Krugman
• Talking Points Memo
Local News Media:
• Roane County News
• Today's Local Weather
• City of Harriman
• City of Harriman Code
• City of Kingston
• City of Kingston Code
• City of Oliver Springs
• City of Oliver Springs Code
• City of Rockwood
• City of Rockwood Code
• Congressman Charles 'Chuck' J. Fleischmann
• Rep. Kent Calfee
• Rep. Ron Travis
• Roane County
• Roane Schools
• St. Sen. Ken Yager
• Democracy for Tennessee
• Roane County Democratic Party
• Roane TNDP
• TN Dem Party News
• TN Democratic Party