Kingston Ash Recovery Project Site Update
January 31, 2013
As of January 27, 2013, 76.7% of ash had been removed from the Middle Embayment. Excavating and hauling resumed this week after three weeks of wet weather.
Perimeter Wall Stabilization (PWS)
Work on the Perimeter Wall Stabilization continues with jet-grouting work on Segment 7. Initial construction work on Segments 3 and 4 is ongoing. Dewatering wells are being installed along Segment 6 prior to the start of construction. The overall initial construction of the PWS is 65% complete.
Christian Broadcasting Network Visits Site for News Story
A film crew from Christian Broadcasting Network (CBN) visited the site Thursday, January 24, 2013 to do a story about the Ash Recovery Project. On camera interviews were conducted with TVA management. The story is scheduled to air February 1, 2013 on The 700 Club program.
CAG Meeting Tonight
TVA management, as well as representatives from EPA, will meet with members of the Community Advisory Group Thursday, January 31, 2013, to update the progress of the project. The meeting will take place at 564 Emory River Road beginning at 6:30 p.m.
Other RoaneViews blogs
- Don't miss the last day of the Tennessee Medieval Faire (mushy)
- Tennessee Medieval Faire - Saturday and Sunday (mushy)
- Jousting three weekends at The Tennessee Medieval Faire! (mushy)
- Lots to do in Harriman this week and weekend! (mushy)
- Janelle Arthur coming May 8th! (mushy)
- The Headhunters want to know... (mushy)
- Ever dream of being in the movies? (mushy)
- Come Support The Talent Show Friday At 6PM! (mushy)
- 2nd Annual Multi-County Talent Show Deadline looms (mushy)
- Comment on the Kingston Coal Ash Landfill (bswinford1)