Today, what was once the resulting gray moonscape of "ashbergs" is a mix of greened-up sculpted swales and smooth gray berms. But just wait two more years.
"When it's done, it will look like a big grassy knoll," Deacy said.
I don't think I would have used the term "grassy knoll" but this is a good piece reflecting on where we are now. Physically we are going to be in excellent shape down the road. TVA is still a long way from facing up to the economic disaster that still needs cleaning up.
Other RoaneViews blogs
- Janelle Arthur coming May 8th! (mushy)
- The Headhunters want to know... (mushy)
- Ever dream of being in the movies? (mushy)
- Come Support The Talent Show Friday At 6PM! (mushy)
- 2nd Annual Multi-County Talent Show Deadline looms (mushy)
- Comment on the Kingston Coal Ash Landfill (bswinford1)
- Headhunter Tickets On Sale (mushy)
- Clean Water Made From Coal Ash (mushy)
- The Kentucky Headhunters are coming back! (mushy)
- FYI: Rocky Top Markets to stop accepting Kroger fuel points (ConcernedCitizen)