Today, what was once the resulting gray moonscape of "ashbergs" is a mix of greened-up sculpted swales and smooth gray berms. But just wait two more years.
"When it's done, it will look like a big grassy knoll," Deacy said.
I don't think I would have used the term "grassy knoll" but this is a good piece reflecting on where we are now. Physically we are going to be in excellent shape down the road. TVA is still a long way from facing up to the economic disaster that still needs cleaning up.
Other RoaneViews blogs
- GRAND PREES "Last Dance" - August 15th - Princess Theatre (mushy)
- WWII Reenactment at the Secret City Festival (mushy)
- The three-in-one concert Saturday was great! (mushy)
- King Henry throws out first pitch (mushy)
- Don't miss the last day of the Tennessee Medieval Faire (mushy)
- Tennessee Medieval Faire - Saturday and Sunday (mushy)
- Jousting three weekends at The Tennessee Medieval Faire! (mushy)
- Lots to do in Harriman this week and weekend! (mushy)
- Janelle Arthur coming May 8th! (mushy)
- The Headhunters want to know... (mushy)