Did they listen or was it purely a business maneuver?
The RCNs changed their mast head, logo and the width of the paper. The article about the change says their mission remains the same - "to be the primary source of local news for Roane County." However, the thin 10 page paper feels light on community news to me. The KNS often beats the RCN with real community news happening in Roane County. KNS, BBB, and RV are my primary sources with a quick read of the RCN to see which direction the wind is blowing. I even buy the DNE when I see a good article that the RCNs has ignored.
Here's hoping their New Year’s resolution will usher in a renewed commitment to achieve their stated mission. Best wishes to them during this Holiday season. Mega conglomerates are people too.
Other RoaneViews blogs
- Don't miss the last day of the Tennessee Medieval Faire (mushy)
- Tennessee Medieval Faire - Saturday and Sunday (mushy)
- Jousting three weekends at The Tennessee Medieval Faire! (mushy)
- Lots to do in Harriman this week and weekend! (mushy)
- Janelle Arthur coming May 8th! (mushy)
- The Headhunters want to know... (mushy)
- Ever dream of being in the movies? (mushy)
- Come Support The Talent Show Friday At 6PM! (mushy)
- 2nd Annual Multi-County Talent Show Deadline looms (mushy)
- Comment on the Kingston Coal Ash Landfill (bswinford1)