Did they listen or was it purely a business maneuver?
The RCNs changed their mast head, logo and the width of the paper. The article about the change says their mission remains the same - "to be the primary source of local news for Roane County." However, the thin 10 page paper feels light on community news to me. The KNS often beats the RCN with real community news happening in Roane County. KNS, BBB, and RV are my primary sources with a quick read of the RCN to see which direction the wind is blowing. I even buy the DNE when I see a good article that the RCNs has ignored.
Here's hoping their New Year’s resolution will usher in a renewed commitment to achieve their stated mission. Best wishes to them during this Holiday season. Mega conglomerates are people too.
Other RoaneViews blogs
- Comment on the Kingston Coal Ash Landfill (bswinford1)
- Headhunter Tickets On Sale (mushy)
- Clean Water Made From Coal Ash (mushy)
- The Kentucky Headhunters are coming back! (mushy)
- FYI: Rocky Top Markets to stop accepting Kroger fuel points (ConcernedCitizen)
- First movie at the Princess in 15 years! (mushy)
- Dr. Eric Littleton's Christmas show scheduled for Dec. 19th at the Princess (mushy)
- The Princess makes the news again! (mushy)
- Valtentine's Murder Mystery at Jamison Development Center (mushy)
- Tina Turner, Dolly Parton, and Johnny Cash at the Princess Thursday! (mushy)