A Roane County News article says Roane County spends more than the state average on our schools. That's misleading, in that it actually means we spend a little higher than the average percentage of the County's revenue on schools. An eighth grader can tell you those two numbers cannot be compared with any relevancy. How much do we spend per pupil in this county? If it is a little above the state average, so what? We have lousy performance overall for the money. Find the "Top 100" schools in our region and guess what...They spend 50% more per pupil what we do.
On top of that our standards are pitiful and do not serve our students. We get a D in science standards:
The report for Tennessee is attached.
Other RoaneViews blogs
- Janelle Arthur coming May 8th! (mushy)
- The Headhunters want to know... (mushy)
- Ever dream of being in the movies? (mushy)
- Come Support The Talent Show Friday At 6PM! (mushy)
- 2nd Annual Multi-County Talent Show Deadline looms (mushy)
- Comment on the Kingston Coal Ash Landfill (bswinford1)
- Headhunter Tickets On Sale (mushy)
- Clean Water Made From Coal Ash (mushy)
- The Kentucky Headhunters are coming back! (mushy)
- FYI: Rocky Top Markets to stop accepting Kroger fuel points (ConcernedCitizen)