A Roane County News article says Roane County spends more than the state average on our schools. That's misleading, in that it actually means we spend a little higher than the average percentage of the County's revenue on schools. An eighth grader can tell you those two numbers cannot be compared with any relevancy. How much do we spend per pupil in this county? If it is a little above the state average, so what? We have lousy performance overall for the money. Find the "Top 100" schools in our region and guess what...They spend 50% more per pupil what we do.
On top of that our standards are pitiful and do not serve our students. We get a D in science standards:
The report for Tennessee is attached.
Other RoaneViews blogs
- Darren York - New Princess manager (mushy)
- "An Evening of Remembrance" - Black History Month Event (mushy)
- Last Two Movie Nights In 2015 (mushy)
- Babahatchie Community Band Tonight At The Princess (mushy)
- Forth Annual Dr. Eric Littleton Christmas Concert (mushy)
- The "Last Dance" was great! (mushy)
- GRAND PREES "Last Dance" - August 15th - Princess Theatre (mushy)
- WWII Reenactment at the Secret City Festival (mushy)
- The three-in-one concert Saturday was great! (mushy)
- King Henry throws out first pitch (mushy)