Well, Jack lost the race. But I hope he won't stay away from future races.
On a personal level I agree with Jack on some things and I disagree with him on some things. But he ran a totally clean race. He ran an informative race - we all knew pretty clearly what Jack stands for and what we could expect out of him. He's a stable person who is a real servant - and this can be seen in the way he's lived his life, not just in what he says. I beleve he DOES care about people the way he says he does, and that's because actions speak louder than words; he's been directly involved in things that SHOW he cares.
I've never heard anybody question Jack's honesty or integrity.
In the spirit of disclosure, I've generally voted for more Republican (not Tea Party!) candidates than Democratic (when there was a party tag attached), but my intention is always to vote for a candidate and not a party. So I can't say I'm a Democrat, and I can't say I'm a Republican (sure as hell not a Tea Party one!). But I think people of good will and integrity under either party's tent could have lived well had Jack won the election. And I'm not saying that to say bad things about the winner - I'm talking about Jack here.
So - Jack, don't give up and don't go away. Okay? You have our thanks and admiration for the race you ran. We need more people of your kind in both parties - or in all parties.
Other RoaneViews blogs
- The "Last Dance" was great! (mushy)
- GRAND PREES "Last Dance" - August 15th - Princess Theatre (mushy)
- WWII Reenactment at the Secret City Festival (mushy)
- The three-in-one concert Saturday was great! (mushy)
- King Henry throws out first pitch (mushy)
- Don't miss the last day of the Tennessee Medieval Faire (mushy)
- Tennessee Medieval Faire - Saturday and Sunday (mushy)
- Jousting three weekends at The Tennessee Medieval Faire! (mushy)
- Lots to do in Harriman this week and weekend! (mushy)
- Janelle Arthur coming May 8th! (mushy)