Update: Raining like crazy! Yee Haw!
I know they get paid for it but the State Forestry guys put in a tough day in still hot conditions to get a containment line around this fire. I expect it to hit 200 acres or more before it burns out. Folks who have been out here know what rough terrain we have.
I worked our trail line from 900 feet of elevation up to 1450. You can calculate the number of building stories that is 'cause I'm too tired.
They ran nearly a mile of dozer plough line and finished it off with over 500 feet of hand dug fire line on the last steep pitch down to the creek. Here's hoping it holds and the winds don't kick it up before the evening cool down. It's 200 yards from the house at this point and we have another fire line ringing the house so we feel safe but hassled. Keep those rain dances going! We're getting the secondary high winds from a storm that is very close but so far no real rain.
Other RoaneViews blogs
- Last Two Movie Nights In 2015 (mushy)
- Babahatchie Community Band Tonight At The Princess (mushy)
- Forth Annual Dr. Eric Littleton Christmas Concert (mushy)
- The "Last Dance" was great! (mushy)
- GRAND PREES "Last Dance" - August 15th - Princess Theatre (mushy)
- WWII Reenactment at the Secret City Festival (mushy)
- The three-in-one concert Saturday was great! (mushy)
- King Henry throws out first pitch (mushy)
- Don't miss the last day of the Tennessee Medieval Faire (mushy)
- Tennessee Medieval Faire - Saturday and Sunday (mushy)