Update: Raining like crazy! Yee Haw!
I know they get paid for it but the State Forestry guys put in a tough day in still hot conditions to get a containment line around this fire. I expect it to hit 200 acres or more before it burns out. Folks who have been out here know what rough terrain we have.
I worked our trail line from 900 feet of elevation up to 1450. You can calculate the number of building stories that is 'cause I'm too tired.
They ran nearly a mile of dozer plough line and finished it off with over 500 feet of hand dug fire line on the last steep pitch down to the creek. Here's hoping it holds and the winds don't kick it up before the evening cool down. It's 200 yards from the house at this point and we have another fire line ringing the house so we feel safe but hassled. Keep those rain dances going! We're getting the secondary high winds from a storm that is very close but so far no real rain.
Other RoaneViews blogs
- Headhunter Tickets On Sale (mushy)
- Clean Water Made From Coal Ash (mushy)
- The Kentucky Headhunters are coming back! (mushy)
- FYI: Rocky Top Markets to stop accepting Kroger fuel points (ConcernedCitizen)
- First movie at the Princess in 15 years! (mushy)
- Dr. Eric Littleton's Christmas show scheduled for Dec. 19th at the Princess (mushy)
- The Princess makes the news again! (mushy)
- Valtentine's Murder Mystery at Jamison Development Center (mushy)
- Tina Turner, Dolly Parton, and Johnny Cash at the Princess Thursday! (mushy)
- Emery Francis To Open For EmiSunshine Tonight! (mushy)