Amazon will send notices to customers saying they "may owe" sales nd use taxes on their purchases.
Danny Diaz, a spokesperson for the Alliance for Main Street Fairness, said in a statement that telling consumers that they have an unmet tax liability is not the same thing as meeting that liability on their behalf as every other retailer in Tennessee is forced to do.
"Amazon.com says it's too complicated to collect the tax; however, it is not too complicated to send notices to all the people who owe that same tax?" he asked.
Other RoaneViews blogs
- Clean Water Made From Coal Ash (mushy)
- The Kentucky Headhunters are coming back! (mushy)
- FYI: Rocky Top Markets to stop accepting Kroger fuel points (ConcernedCitizen)
- First movie at the Princess in 15 years! (mushy)
- Dr. Eric Littleton's Christmas show scheduled for Dec. 19th at the Princess (mushy)
- The Princess makes the news again! (mushy)
- Valtentine's Murder Mystery at Jamison Development Center (mushy)
- Tina Turner, Dolly Parton, and Johnny Cash at the Princess Thursday! (mushy)
- Emery Francis To Open For EmiSunshine Tonight! (mushy)
- Kingston Mayor-Duncan/Kirkham re-zoning (chelsea)