Amazon will send notices to customers saying they "may owe" sales nd use taxes on their purchases.
Danny Diaz, a spokesperson for the Alliance for Main Street Fairness, said in a statement that telling consumers that they have an unmet tax liability is not the same thing as meeting that liability on their behalf as every other retailer in Tennessee is forced to do.
"Amazon.com says it's too complicated to collect the tax; however, it is not too complicated to send notices to all the people who owe that same tax?" he asked.
Other RoaneViews blogs
- Janelle Arthur coming May 8th! (mushy)
- The Headhunters want to know... (mushy)
- Ever dream of being in the movies? (mushy)
- Come Support The Talent Show Friday At 6PM! (mushy)
- 2nd Annual Multi-County Talent Show Deadline looms (mushy)
- Comment on the Kingston Coal Ash Landfill (bswinford1)
- Headhunter Tickets On Sale (mushy)
- Clean Water Made From Coal Ash (mushy)
- The Kentucky Headhunters are coming back! (mushy)
- FYI: Rocky Top Markets to stop accepting Kroger fuel points (ConcernedCitizen)