Amazon will send notices to customers saying they "may owe" sales nd use taxes on their purchases.
Danny Diaz, a spokesperson for the Alliance for Main Street Fairness, said in a statement that telling consumers that they have an unmet tax liability is not the same thing as meeting that liability on their behalf as every other retailer in Tennessee is forced to do.
"Amazon.com says it's too complicated to collect the tax; however, it is not too complicated to send notices to all the people who owe that same tax?" he asked.
Other RoaneViews blogs
- GRAND PREES "Last Dance" - August 15th - Princess Theatre (mushy)
- WWII Reenactment at the Secret City Festival (mushy)
- The three-in-one concert Saturday was great! (mushy)
- King Henry throws out first pitch (mushy)
- Don't miss the last day of the Tennessee Medieval Faire (mushy)
- Tennessee Medieval Faire - Saturday and Sunday (mushy)
- Jousting three weekends at The Tennessee Medieval Faire! (mushy)
- Lots to do in Harriman this week and weekend! (mushy)
- Janelle Arthur coming May 8th! (mushy)
- The Headhunters want to know... (mushy)