After living in and traveling all over Florida for more than 40 years, last week I visited and was surprised to learn of this stunning place. If you're ever this way, I highly recommend a visit.
I shot the image with my Windows phone, sorry about the quality.
The preserve was named for its rocky Anastasia limestone shoreline – the largest on the U.S. Atlantic coast. During extreme high tides and after winter storms, seas break against the rocks and force plumes of saltwater up to 50 feet skyward. It’s an impressive sight.
Other RoaneViews blogs
- Ever dream of being in the movies? (mushy)
- What A Wonderful Time The Multi-County Talent Shows Are! (mushy)
- Come Support The Talent Show Friday At 6PM! (mushy)
- 2nd Annual Multi-County Talent Show Deadline looms (mushy)
- Comment on the Kingston Coal Ash Landfill (bswinford1)
- Headhunter Tickets On Sale (mushy)
- Clean Water Made From Coal Ash (mushy)
- The Kentucky Headhunters are coming back! (mushy)
- FYI: Rocky Top Markets to stop accepting Kroger fuel points (ConcernedCitizen)
- First movie at the Princess in 15 years! (mushy)