Our intrepid on the scene
teacher reporter reports that the teacher rally brought in a large crowd in spite of the rain. A few Tea Partiers stood along part of the march route but weren't that noticeable otherwise. The Tea Party rally was held in a different spot so no idea how many they had.
Here's one sent to us...
Rep. Mike Turner, D-Nashville, warned that Republicans won't stop with dismantling teachers' unions and bargaining rights. "They'll be coming after police officers, firefighters, construction workers and service workers."
Story in the Tennessean
Other RoaneViews blogs
- Ever dream of being in the movies? (mushy)
- Come Support The Talent Show Friday At 6PM! (mushy)
- 2nd Annual Multi-County Talent Show Deadline looms (mushy)
- Comment on the Kingston Coal Ash Landfill (bswinford1)
- Headhunter Tickets On Sale (mushy)
- Clean Water Made From Coal Ash (mushy)
- The Kentucky Headhunters are coming back! (mushy)
- FYI: Rocky Top Markets to stop accepting Kroger fuel points (ConcernedCitizen)
- First movie at the Princess in 15 years! (mushy)
- Dr. Eric Littleton's Christmas show scheduled for Dec. 19th at the Princess (mushy)