Washington, DC - U.S. Senators Barbara Boxer (D-CA), Chairman of the Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works, and Thomas Carper (D-DE), Chairman of the Subcommittee on Clean Air and Nuclear Safety, today introduced a Senate Resolution calling on the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency to conduct immediate reviews and inspections of all coal ash impoundments in the U.S. and to propose and issue as quickly as possible rules to regulate coal combustion waste under the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA).
The Resolution (S. Res. 64) also calls on the Tennessee Valley Authority to "meet the intentions of Congress and be ‘a national leader in technological innovation, low-cost power, and environmental stewardship."
Other RoaneViews blogs
- Don't miss the last day of the Tennessee Medieval Faire (mushy)
- Tennessee Medieval Faire - Saturday and Sunday (mushy)
- Jousting three weekends at The Tennessee Medieval Faire! (mushy)
- Lots to do in Harriman this week and weekend! (mushy)
- Janelle Arthur coming May 8th! (mushy)
- The Headhunters want to know... (mushy)
- Ever dream of being in the movies? (mushy)
- Come Support The Talent Show Friday At 6PM! (mushy)
- 2nd Annual Multi-County Talent Show Deadline looms (mushy)
- Comment on the Kingston Coal Ash Landfill (bswinford1)