Washington, DC - U.S. Senators Barbara Boxer (D-CA), Chairman of the Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works, and Thomas Carper (D-DE), Chairman of the Subcommittee on Clean Air and Nuclear Safety, today introduced a Senate Resolution calling on the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency to conduct immediate reviews and inspections of all coal ash impoundments in the U.S. and to propose and issue as quickly as possible rules to regulate coal combustion waste under the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA).
The Resolution (S. Res. 64) also calls on the Tennessee Valley Authority to "meet the intentions of Congress and be ‘a national leader in technological innovation, low-cost power, and environmental stewardship."
Other RoaneViews blogs
- Darren York - New Princess manager (mushy)
- "An Evening of Remembrance" - Black History Month Event (mushy)
- Last Two Movie Nights In 2015 (mushy)
- Babahatchie Community Band Tonight At The Princess (mushy)
- Forth Annual Dr. Eric Littleton Christmas Concert (mushy)
- The "Last Dance" was great! (mushy)
- GRAND PREES "Last Dance" - August 15th - Princess Theatre (mushy)
- WWII Reenactment at the Secret City Festival (mushy)
- The three-in-one concert Saturday was great! (mushy)
- King Henry throws out first pitch (mushy)