Washington, DC - U.S. Senators Barbara Boxer (D-CA), Chairman of the Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works, and Thomas Carper (D-DE), Chairman of the Subcommittee on Clean Air and Nuclear Safety, today introduced a Senate Resolution calling on the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency to conduct immediate reviews and inspections of all coal ash impoundments in the U.S. and to propose and issue as quickly as possible rules to regulate coal combustion waste under the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA).
The Resolution (S. Res. 64) also calls on the Tennessee Valley Authority to "meet the intentions of Congress and be ‘a national leader in technological innovation, low-cost power, and environmental stewardship."
Other RoaneViews blogs
- Comment on the Kingston Coal Ash Landfill (bswinford1)
- Headhunter Tickets On Sale (mushy)
- Clean Water Made From Coal Ash (mushy)
- The Kentucky Headhunters are coming back! (mushy)
- FYI: Rocky Top Markets to stop accepting Kroger fuel points (ConcernedCitizen)
- First movie at the Princess in 15 years! (mushy)
- Dr. Eric Littleton's Christmas show scheduled for Dec. 19th at the Princess (mushy)
- The Princess makes the news again! (mushy)
- Valtentine's Murder Mystery at Jamison Development Center (mushy)
- Tina Turner, Dolly Parton, and Johnny Cash at the Princess Thursday! (mushy)