I just got a telemarketing call from them. These folks, who also go by the name of TN Federation of Police, seem to have taken in over $300k in 2007 and given out $1.5k in scholarships. Nearly all the rest apparently went for various administrative and fundraising "expenses."
They are ostensibly a membership organization but in 2007 apparently only had fewer than 30 members.
If you want to give to charity you could pick nearly any other one and get more bang for your buck.
Other RoaneViews blogs
- Headhunter Tickets On Sale (mushy)
- Clean Water Made From Coal Ash (mushy)
- The Kentucky Headhunters are coming back! (mushy)
- FYI: Rocky Top Markets to stop accepting Kroger fuel points (ConcernedCitizen)
- First movie at the Princess in 15 years! (mushy)
- Dr. Eric Littleton's Christmas show scheduled for Dec. 19th at the Princess (mushy)
- The Princess makes the news again! (mushy)
- Valtentine's Murder Mystery at Jamison Development Center (mushy)
- Tina Turner, Dolly Parton, and Johnny Cash at the Princess Thursday! (mushy)
- Emery Francis To Open For EmiSunshine Tonight! (mushy)