Rock is being placed across the Emory River just below the spill to catch the ash where it can be dredged or vacuumed out of the lake.
The Tsunami wave from the spill wiped out docks along the far shore.
TVA contractors are washing the sludge off the banks and collecting it with vacuum booms or skimmer booms.
Everybody is being called in to help.
Other RoaneViews blogs
- Last Two Movie Nights In 2015 (mushy)
- Babahatchie Community Band Tonight At The Princess (mushy)
- Forth Annual Dr. Eric Littleton Christmas Concert (mushy)
- The "Last Dance" was great! (mushy)
- GRAND PREES "Last Dance" - August 15th - Princess Theatre (mushy)
- WWII Reenactment at the Secret City Festival (mushy)
- The three-in-one concert Saturday was great! (mushy)
- King Henry throws out first pitch (mushy)
- Don't miss the last day of the Tennessee Medieval Faire (mushy)
- Tennessee Medieval Faire - Saturday and Sunday (mushy)