Rock is being placed across the Emory River just below the spill to catch the ash where it can be dredged or vacuumed out of the lake.
The Tsunami wave from the spill wiped out docks along the far shore.
TVA contractors are washing the sludge off the banks and collecting it with vacuum booms or skimmer booms.
Everybody is being called in to help.
Other RoaneViews blogs
- Comment on the Kingston Coal Ash Landfill (bswinford1)
- Headhunter Tickets On Sale (mushy)
- Clean Water Made From Coal Ash (mushy)
- The Kentucky Headhunters are coming back! (mushy)
- FYI: Rocky Top Markets to stop accepting Kroger fuel points (ConcernedCitizen)
- First movie at the Princess in 15 years! (mushy)
- Dr. Eric Littleton's Christmas show scheduled for Dec. 19th at the Princess (mushy)
- The Princess makes the news again! (mushy)
- Valtentine's Murder Mystery at Jamison Development Center (mushy)
- Tina Turner, Dolly Parton, and Johnny Cash at the Princess Thursday! (mushy)