Rock is being placed across the Emory River just below the spill to catch the ash where it can be dredged or vacuumed out of the lake.
The Tsunami wave from the spill wiped out docks along the far shore.
TVA contractors are washing the sludge off the banks and collecting it with vacuum booms or skimmer booms.
Everybody is being called in to help.
Other RoaneViews blogs
- Don't miss the last day of the Tennessee Medieval Faire (mushy)
- Tennessee Medieval Faire - Saturday and Sunday (mushy)
- Jousting three weekends at The Tennessee Medieval Faire! (mushy)
- Lots to do in Harriman this week and weekend! (mushy)
- Janelle Arthur coming May 8th! (mushy)
- The Headhunters want to know... (mushy)
- Ever dream of being in the movies? (mushy)
- Come Support The Talent Show Friday At 6PM! (mushy)
- 2nd Annual Multi-County Talent Show Deadline looms (mushy)
- Comment on the Kingston Coal Ash Landfill (bswinford1)