Rock is being placed across the Emory River just below the spill to catch the ash where it can be dredged or vacuumed out of the lake.
The Tsunami wave from the spill wiped out docks along the far shore.
TVA contractors are washing the sludge off the banks and collecting it with vacuum booms or skimmer booms.
Everybody is being called in to help.
Other RoaneViews blogs
- Janelle Arthur coming May 8th! (mushy)
- The Headhunters want to know... (mushy)
- Ever dream of being in the movies? (mushy)
- Come Support The Talent Show Friday At 6PM! (mushy)
- 2nd Annual Multi-County Talent Show Deadline looms (mushy)
- Comment on the Kingston Coal Ash Landfill (bswinford1)
- Headhunter Tickets On Sale (mushy)
- Clean Water Made From Coal Ash (mushy)
- The Kentucky Headhunters are coming back! (mushy)
- FYI: Rocky Top Markets to stop accepting Kroger fuel points (ConcernedCitizen)