WHERE DO WE DRAW THE LINE?
Rockwood dog owners --- if a proposed "pit bull" ordinance wasn't enough to get you motivated to take action, you might want to pay close attention to this....
The Rockwood city council has brought a newly revised proposed vicious dog ordinance to the table. Now rather than just focusing on pit bulls only, the proposed amendment, if passed, would regulate pit bulls, rottweilers, doberman pinschers, German shepherds and chow chows in the city of Rockwood.
If you own one of these breeds and you live in Rockwood, you WILL BE affected regardless of whether you are a GOOD owner and you have a GOOD dog. This extremely discriminatory ordinance has a broad and sweeping reach, and it labels ALL dogs of certain breeds guilty based on their appearance - NOT their actions or behaviors.
The time to voice your opposition to this ordinance is now. The proposed amendments go before the city council this Monday night (August 18) at 7:00 p.m. If Rockwood succeeds in passing this law, what's next? Do we regulate Yorkies? How about poodles? Where do we draw the line? Until we have no dogs?
Come on, Rockwood dog owners... speak up for your dogs now...it may be the last chance you have!
Bless the Bullys
Other RoaneViews blogs
- Camelot Comes to Life on May 14 at the Tennessee Medieval Faire (mushy)
- Darren York - New Princess manager (mushy)
- "An Evening of Remembrance" - Black History Month Event (mushy)
- Last Two Movie Nights In 2015 (mushy)
- Babahatchie Community Band Tonight At The Princess (mushy)
- Forth Annual Dr. Eric Littleton Christmas Concert (mushy)
- The "Last Dance" was great! (mushy)
- GRAND PREES "Last Dance" - August 15th - Princess Theatre (mushy)
- WWII Reenactment at the Secret City Festival (mushy)
- The three-in-one concert Saturday was great! (mushy)