WHERE DO WE DRAW THE LINE?
Rockwood dog owners --- if a proposed "pit bull" ordinance wasn't enough to get you motivated to take action, you might want to pay close attention to this....
The Rockwood city council has brought a newly revised proposed vicious dog ordinance to the table. Now rather than just focusing on pit bulls only, the proposed amendment, if passed, would regulate pit bulls, rottweilers, doberman pinschers, German shepherds and chow chows in the city of Rockwood.
If you own one of these breeds and you live in Rockwood, you WILL BE affected regardless of whether you are a GOOD owner and you have a GOOD dog. This extremely discriminatory ordinance has a broad and sweeping reach, and it labels ALL dogs of certain breeds guilty based on their appearance - NOT their actions or behaviors.
The time to voice your opposition to this ordinance is now. The proposed amendments go before the city council this Monday night (August 18) at 7:00 p.m. If Rockwood succeeds in passing this law, what's next? Do we regulate Yorkies? How about poodles? Where do we draw the line? Until we have no dogs?
Come on, Rockwood dog owners... speak up for your dogs now...it may be the last chance you have!
Bless the Bullys
Other RoaneViews blogs
- Comment on the Kingston Coal Ash Landfill (bswinford1)
- Headhunter Tickets On Sale (mushy)
- Clean Water Made From Coal Ash (mushy)
- The Kentucky Headhunters are coming back! (mushy)
- FYI: Rocky Top Markets to stop accepting Kroger fuel points (ConcernedCitizen)
- First movie at the Princess in 15 years! (mushy)
- Dr. Eric Littleton's Christmas show scheduled for Dec. 19th at the Princess (mushy)
- The Princess makes the news again! (mushy)
- Valtentine's Murder Mystery at Jamison Development Center (mushy)
- Tina Turner, Dolly Parton, and Johnny Cash at the Princess Thursday! (mushy)